Courses We Play
NO ACTIVE EVENTS
Handicaps were last Updated on 11/01/2019. View Changes Here
Welcome to the 2018-2019 Season
Hole Jackpot Winners
| ||Closest To Pin||Longest Putt|
|06 May 2019||Tom Bryant||5||13' 0"||Dick English||10||7' 4"|
|13 May 2019||Ed Tully||9||25' 1"||Joe Flood||4||20' 5"|
|20 May 2019||Mike Chapman||17||28' 7"||Kent Kester||12||9' 8"|
|27 May 2019||Ed Tully||9||28' 3"||Bruce Osborne||8||3' 4"|
|03 Jun 2019||Bob Adler||14||2' 8"||Carrie Over||18|| $13|
|10 Jun 2019||Dan Sexton||5||7' 9"||Kent Kester||3||10' 10"|
|17 Jun 2019||Bill Gauthier||5||11' 10"||Kent Kester||2||4' 8"|
|24 Jun 2019||Steve Salagaras||14||16' 10"||Steve Salagaras||11||3' 6"|
|01 Jul 2019||C Rotten||9||22' 0'||Steve Salagaras||4||5' 6"|
|15 Jul 2019||Bill Hieb||14||8' 1"||Steve Salagaras||7||13' 4"|
|28 Oct 2019||Bill Gauthier||14||2' 3"||Bruce Osborne||12||12' 1"|
|04 Nov 2019||Steve Salagaras||9||4' 8"||Dick English||12||15' 0"|
|11 Nov 2019||C Rotten||5||7' 1"||Kent Kester||6||16' 6"|
|Great Advice from a Golf Legend
If you had to hit the green from 125 yards, what golf club would you use?
There's a great story about Ben Hogan playing a practice round with a young pro who idolized him.
Hogan would hit a shot and the young pro would say, “Great shot, Mr. Hogan! What did you use there?” And of course Hogan walked on without answering. But the young pro persisted, because he wanted to know.
From the fairway on the ninth hole, or perhaps another hole close to the clubhouse, Hogan hit his ball to the green and the question came again.
With the young pro standing there, Hogan took all the balls he had out of his golf bag and proceeded to hit every one of them onto the green, using a different club for each shot. Legend has it that he used everything from a three wood to a putter.
Then he turned to the young pro and said, “It doesn’t matter what I used. Play your own game.” At which point he left his caddie, his bag, the young pro, and all those balls on the green and walked to the clubhouse.
So, is the wind blowing? Which way? Is it uphill or downhill? Is the ball in a divot, in the rough, in a perfect lie? Am I amped up from competition or feeling down because of illness? Do I want to carry it 125 or bounce it to 125? Do I need to hit it over a tree or under a tree or is the path clear?
One of the great things about golf is that the circumstances surrounding any shot can change from day to day and even hole to hole. Understanding, imagination and adaptability are very important. Simply pulling the same club at 125, whether that is an eight iron or a sand wedge or something in between, will work sometimes, but not every time.
2019 Canadian Open Results
|Bruno, Paul||45 ||Basso, Ken||47|
|Clarke, George||55 ||Graves, Eric||65|
|Crockett, Mike||43 ||Hatfield, Jake||44|
|Flood, Joe||45 ||Lowe, Steve||53|
|Gauthier, Bill||41 ||MacNeill, Jim||47|
|Hieb, Bill||37 ||Nickerson, Kevin||51|
|Serba, Bill||51 ||Walker, Robert||46|
|Bruno, Paul||44 ||Graves, Eric||50|
|Crockett, Mike||44 ||MacNeill, Jim||50|
|Flood, Joe||46||Lowe, Steve||31|
|Gauthier, Bill||44 ||Basso, Ken||64|
|Serba, Bill||46||Hatfield, Jake||43|
2019 Lil Bill Danforth Tournament
Ann Danforth presents the Winners Plaque to:
Eric Graves, Steve Slagarsa, Rich Miller, and Terry Collins
New Rules for 2019
- Search time—Reduced from five minutes to three minutes.
- Ball moved during search—Replace with no penalty.
- Embedded ball—Free relief anywhere through the green.
- Measuring a drop—Use longest club (except putter).
- Dropping—Drop from knee height rather than from shoulder height.
- Taking stance on the wrong green is no longer allowed.
- Ball unintentionally hits player or equipment—No penalty.
- Double hit—No penalty; now counts as only one shot.
- Touching sand in bunker incidentally is permitted.
- Loose impediments can be removed anywhere including hazards.
- Dropping a ball outside of a bunker—two penalty strokes.
- Water hazards—Now called “Penalty Areas.”
- Touching ground in penalty area—No penalty.
- Ball moves on green after being marked—Replace without penalty.
- Ball accidentally moved on putting green—Replace without penalty.
- All damage to green can now be repaired.
- Positioning a club for alignment is not permitted.
- Caddie assisting with alignment is now not permitted.
- Putting with flag stick in the hole is now permitted.
- Ball wedged against the flag stick and the side of the hole is deemed as holed.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest - 2018
Looks like a lot of fun - sorry I had to miss it!
Awww... they kissed and made up! A Christmas Miracle!
I can hear John Seasholtz yelling, "Nice Sweater, Don Johnson!"
...And even the Grinch made an appearance
...and the Winners are:
Jimmy Gay, 1st Place; Mike Chapman, 2nd Place